Thursday, October 25, 2007

Around 5am is when I like to test exactly how quickly I can write my reviews because if I stay up past 6am I am going to fucking stay up till like 1pm and then backout and tomorrow ends up being a fucking waste. I am not sure why or how I continue to pull this shit, but it's probably because I like to fuck off and stare at the wall for hours on end. Maybe I am turning into the narrator from Charlotte Perkins Gilman's short story, "The Yellow Wallpaper"--as an aside I would like to bring up the factthat I thought Kate Chopin wrote that short story and that is because I am a moron. Due to the fact that I like to double check shit I caught that fucking mishap before it occurred. I think the point of bringing up the narrator of "The Yellow Wallpaper" was to indicate that I am going insane, but I'm not going insane at all so fuck you for nodding immediately.

Here is something that makes me feel like a fucking loser. I cannot stop listening to Viva Las Vegas. I swear to God, if I get in my car to drive to Vegas anytime in the next week I will end up embarking on a solo road trip all over the US & the only thing that makes me think of is getting raped in random gas stations. I am a perfectly adjusted adult.

3 comments:

Canopenner said...

I think perfectly adjusted adult might be overshooting the mark just a bit.

But just a bit.

Anonymous said...

I could never get tired of that song.

Is it a good kind of rape or a deliverance kind of rape?

Valency said...

We read CPG's "The Yellow Wallpaper" AND Kate Chopin's "The Story of an Hour" in English 102 in college... I think everyone does. I would have made the same mistake... all of those get jumbled in my head too...

But I loved both stories... delish. I'd love to see people crawling about in MY wallpaper...