Friday, February 1, 2008

I guess it's that time where I blog something stupid and unimportant and you guys hang on my ever word, or maybe you don't clearly, I could care less. When is 3:10 to Yuma going to get on ITunes. I really need it to hurry up and get listed on there so I do not have to ride my bike down to the corner and get into a screaming match with the idiots at Blockbuster like I do anytime I set foot into that place. Once, I went in there to rent something stupid and when I got to the counter they were like WELL, NOW WE NEED TO SEE YOUR ID and I was like I WALKED HERE. I DON'T EVEN CARRY AN ID IN THE CASE THAT I GET HIT BY A CAR I CANNOT BE ID'D. Luckily, my brother's friend was working there at the time and he realized that I am the sort of person that will eventually lean over and slap the person be hind the counter. Anyways he helped me out and I knew that the other idiot would have it out for me. After I dropped that movie off I really didn't give the encounter much thought (god, this is taking forever). Anyways, months and months later I ended up back at Blockbuster and they were like YOU NEVER RETURNED THAT MOVIE. So of course I went ape shit one more time and then vowed to burn Blockbuster to the ground. Since I've never actually burned anything to the ground, including Blockbuster, it means I have a personal vendetta against their establishments and give them hell whenever I can. I still don't understand the point of this rant, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that I am dying to see 3:10 to Yuma. Man, I love westerns. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's going to be the best western or even the best movie I have ever seen. I just want to see it though.

I guess on that note I should talk about television.  Although, mostly it sucks there's a couple of really great shows that recently started.  Breaking Bad on AMC is probably the best television show to come out since I can remember.  It's about Walter, a boring high school chemistry teacher that finds out he's got an inoperable tumor in his lung.  He's also got a pregnant wife and a teenage son with cerebral palsy.  On a whim, he contacts a former student of his who happens to make meth.    His plan is too cook up a couple of amazing batches of meth then take the money and set his family up so they can continue in comfort after he's gone.  Anyways, the amount of insane hijinx that Walter's gotten into in the past two weeks are more awesome than I can explain and are almost on a Nip/Tuck level without all the weird tranny shit.  I highly recommend watching this show if you're going to waste time watching anything this spring.

Now that I have brought my work to my blog I can talk about stuff that is less boring.  My sister turns 25 on Saturday.  Hilariously, this past July the day before I turned 26 I decided to blow it out my ass and I met like 10 of these kids from fucking Kentucky and on a whim I invited them all home with me and then I blacked out.  When I woke up there was sand everywhere and these kids were all over the house.  I got up and went to work and left my sister with the problem.  This year when she decides to do something as utterly stupid I am going to be there to manage it, and if I've taken too many sedatives to be helpful, I'll deal with it in the morning. 

2 comments:

xTx said...

3:10 to Yuma kicked ass. I saw it on my way to Hong Kong on a plane tv screen the size of a $40 microwave.

then when I got back i rented it and it ruled on a larger scale.

russel crowe needs to empty his shotgun on my face if you know what i mean.

Butchie said...

So, I was thinking... What would be a really wicked episode (Breaking Bad): Walter White got really high on some fucking meth fumes and went back in time and killed Bryan Cranston, thus allowing some obviously way less talented actor (I'm thinking Simon Rex, maybe) to score the role as the dad in Malcom. Pilot flops... long story short: No Malcom in the Middle of back to back episodes of The Simpsons during dinner on my local Fox affiliate.