Wednesday, November 28, 2007


"My heart is in the yard like snow"

I wish I could take credit for writing that, but then again, I really could since I am a diluted asshole. I didn't write that. For reasons I am not clear on--the only person this will make sense to will be Erin--but my sister has a friend and while Erin and I were hanging out with all them he casually mentions his brother is getting his MFA @ Iowa and I was immediately jealous and curious. So tonight after running till my body turned into a crash pad I decided I needed to know what was so special about this idiot. His name is Ben Kopel and I suppose you can look up his poems if you want and it's surely worth the effort doing an internet search. The mere fact that I looked him up and want to e-mail him gushing with complements makes me want to iron my face flat. This should be fun. Here is the poem in its entirety. I suppose if he called me up out of the blue explaining who he is and asked me to run away with him into the sunset--I totally would.

Tonight,
-- by Ben Kopel

My heart is in the yard like snow.
I do not want this world to end.
In the ashtray
A bit of filter nothings.

The day we put her in the earth
The marching band stepped
North
And refused to yield.

I can’t even think
About the things I did that day,
Alone with a girl, awkward
Like a Jew in a tattoo shop.

1 comment:

Boots said...

If I could put it in my pussy
It would sound just like that.
Very fluid
Not my pussy
Not my problem.
I wish they all could be
California Jews
Writing my panties off
No booze required.


Check it out I rival the best. If I were to grade this I would give it a super A. I think schools should adopt my new grading scale. You get socked in the mouth for an A and you just don't want to know what a super A gets... molested. That way these smartass kids have enough problems that they blend in with the world. All this translates into is... Ben Kopel MOLEST ME.


He's better, Oh well. I'll stick to being ultra fantastic instead. You know someone said "It doesn't take talent to be mean." But if you're doing it right it so fucking does.